Monday, June 29, 2009

Introduction

The purpose of this blog is to make the encyclicals more accessible. I will post my notes on the encyclicals, traveling backwards through time. Posts will be long, because the encyclicals are long and deep, and I do not want to miss anything. There will be little commentary, I plan rather to let the Popes speak for themselves. I plan to post summaries not only of encyclicals, but of any Church document I have good notes for. In summarizing the encyclicals I find I have to eliminate allegories,stories, and much of the historical context. I do so for brevity sake. I hope to post some of my favorite stories in future posts, so as to appeal to those not looking to become theologians but holistic persons.

Note: Bulls and briefs are the two kinds of encyclicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment